The Victorian Government has announced $4 million funding for the redevelopment of the Wodonga Library and Arts Space Wodonga.
The $4 million Regional Infrastructure funding will go towards the $10.2 million Wodonga Library and Gallery redevelopment project.
The project will redevelop and expand Wodonga’s library and gallery, two of the main facilities within the Wodonga Cultural Precinct, to better service Wodonga’s community and drive visitation to the city.
The new building will incorporate:
• a multi-roomed gallery space and library with a centralised, shared reception area
• an exhibition space for cultural heritage displays
• an incubator space for artists in residence and creative cultural industry business start-ups
• dedicated IT facilities
• community, business and workshop meeting spaces for educational and public programs
• a space for visitor servicing
• a retail area ‘gift shop’ relating to both arts and literature
• landscaped public spaces for public events.
The increased exhibition and performance space will support growth in Wodonga’s visitor economy, improve livability and further strengthen the regional economy.
Following a design and consultation process, the project is planned to start construction