Guest Work Agency provides specialist legal advice for artists, collectors, commercial galleries and arts organisations at all stages of project development. We enable our clients to thrive and take on their full creative potential.
We assist with:
Negotiating and drafting of contracts for:
- private and public art commissions
- artwork sales and licensing
- gallery representation
- photography of artworks
- supplier terms of trade
Review and drafting of:
- organisational policies
- regulation-required statements
- disclaimers and waivers
- privacy policies
- promotion terms and conditions
Providing legal advice on creative projects in such areas as:
- contract and consumer rights
- copyright, moral rights and other IP rights
- confidential information
- image and data privacy
- consumer law
- resale royalties
ART ADVISORY & CURATORIAL SERVICES
Guest Work Agency provides art advisory and curatorial services with a progressive, yet practical ethos. We embrace the role of the non-traditional art advisor - part studio manager, sport-style agent, producer, dealer and relationship facilitator.
We assist with:
- Concept development and project management of exhibitions, public programs and publications
- Initiation and facilitation of strategic relationships between artists, commercial galleries and collectors
- Research, advice and management of personal and corporate art collections
- Writing and editing of proposals for artwork commissions, exhibitions, art fairs and festivals, funding and residency applications, catalogue essays, magazine and journal articles, exhibition reviews.
Guest Work Agency is also a curatorial practice, initiating and collaborating on exhibitions, talks and texts at the intersection of art, curating, technology and the law. A selection of our past and ongoing projects are viewable on the Guest Work Agency website.