A guide for local governments, communities and museums
This Guide provides a roadmap for local governments, communities and museums on how to define together a local development agenda. It considers five dimensions:
1. Leverage the power of museums for local economic development,
2. Build on the role of museums for urban regeneration and community development,
3. Catalyse culturally aware and creative societies,
4. Promote museums as spaces for inclusion, health and well-being,
5. Mainstream the role of museums in local development
The Public Galleries Association of Victoria (PGAV) acknowledges the Wurundjeri Woi-Wurrung people of the Kulin Nation as the Traditional Owners of the lands where our office is located, and all Traditional Owners of country throughout Victoria and Australia. We recognise Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples enduring traditions and continuing creative cultures. We pay our respect to Elders past, present and emerging.