NSW Government, CREATE NSW
Cultural infrastructure – theatres, galleries, museums, libraries, archives, community halls, cinemas, public art and outdoor events spaces – provide the critical spaces where we come together to create, share and enjoy arts and culture. Delivering cultural infrastructure plays a role in creating great places that bring people together, great places to live, work, visit and do business.
We have developed a Cultural Infrastructure Plan 2025+ to ensure that all New South Wales benefits from cultural infrastructure. The Plan articulates the strategic priorities for New South Wales to be a place where:
- Culture is recognised as an integral part of communities and a key element of creating great places for people to live, work, visit, play and do business. Cultural infrastructure planning is integrated with state and local planning processes.
- Everyone can access the infrastructure they need to make culture part of their everyday lives.
- There is an increased availability of affordable, fit-for-purpose and sustainable space to support growth of the cultural sector and creative industries.
- Cultural infrastructure delivery and funding is supported by partnerships across NSW Government, local councils, cultural organisations, philanthropists and business.
- Greater Sydney’s three cities become a leading cultural capital in the Asia-Pacific and continue to grow the visitor economy, employment and growth.
- Creativity and access to culture thrives across NSW through a strategic and coordinated approach to cultural infrastructure planning.
Visit the website